If you keep your eyes open and are aware of potential signs of nursing home abuse, you can prevent nursing home abuse from occurring. At Distasio Law Firm, we are committed to educating our clients on nursing home abuse and nursing home neglect in order to give them the chance of stopping nursing home abuse, identifying elder abuse and preventing it from occurring in the first place. Attorney Scott Distasio is here to help. Contact our firm at any time for an initial consultation regarding your particular matter, and you can have your concerns addressed and questions answered by a skilled and compassionate lawyer who is working to improve conditions for the elderly in nursing homes in Tampa.
Preventing Elder Abuse: What You Can Do
What can you do to play your part in helping to prevent nursing home abuse? Following are some things that you should research and find out before you place an elderly loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility:
- Does the nursing home have video monitoring in the halls and patients rooms (video monitoring assures that nursing home residents will be watched and others will be watched while interacting with the residents, which could prevent possible abuse)?
- Does the nursing home have medical directors and physicians who supervise medical staff and the medical procedures residents receive?
- Does the nursing home have licensed nurses and/or vocational nurses on staff?
- Does the nursing home employ enough staff to sufficiently provide for the care, treatment, and supervision of every patient?
- Does the nursing home appear to be clean?
- Are the nursing home physicians, supervisors, and administrators accessible and willing to address concerns?
- Have incidents of abuse or neglect occurred in the past and how were they handled?
Take the time to research the facility or facilities that you are interested in. Familiarize yourself not only with the facility but with the people who work there. Simply by taking the time to do this, it is much more likely that you will notice any questionable situations and can therefore avoid elder abuse or elder neglect. You can take an active role in helping to ensure that your loved one receives the treatment and care he or she deserves.
Need a lawyer for a nursing home abuse case?
As an experienced nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer, Scott Distasio knows what to look for in signs of elder abuse or neglect. He knows what you can do to help prevent nursing home abuse from occurring to someone you love, and he is happy to answer your questions and address your concerns on the subject.
If you believe that a loved one is currently the victim of some form of elder neglect or abuse, do not hesitate in contacting someone that can help you. Attorney Distasio can help you hold the facility or caregiver responsible for what has occurred.
Contact our firm immediately if you suspect elder abuse or neglect, or if you want more information on how to prevent nursing home abuse.